2016-2017 WLRC/CAN Tuition Award
We are pleased to announce that financial awards towards tuition* are being awarded for undergraduate study at UIC for the Spring 2017 academic semester. We at the Women’s Leadership and Resource Center/Campus Advocacy Network want to recognize students that have made significant contributions to the movement against domestic violence and sexual assault throughout the UIC campus and/or Chicago community or who have triumphed over personal experiences within these areas. The goal of this award is to support women in their educational pursuits who have a great deal of financial need that is not being met by financial aid or loans.
We invite you to apply and to be considered for this tuition award. A student must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a full time undergraduate degree seeking student who meets the requirements of UIC’s SAP policy. Please visit http://www.uic.edu/depts/financialaid/sap_policy.shtml for the details of this policy.
- Must not have completed their degree requirements for graduation or already have earned a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants must be continuing UIC undergraduate students who have attended UIC for at least one semester.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and must qualify for Illinois resident tuition.
- Must complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA and have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- Applicants should have demonstrated both leadership and involvement in the movement against domestic violence and sexual assault throughout the UIC campus and/or Chicago community or have had personal experiences within these areas.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form below. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
* This award can only be applied towards tuition costs, excluding fees. For out-of-state students, the maximum tuition award will only cover the amount equivalent to in-state tuition. The student will be responsible for the remaining balance.