Call for Presenters: Feminisms Lunch Lectures
Feminisms Lunch Lectures Call for Presenters
Hosted in collaboration with Gender and Women’s Studies
The Women’s Leadership and Resource Center’s Feminisms Lunch Lecture series offers faculty, graduate students, visiting scholars, and activists an opportunity to present their projects, ideas, and works-in-progress on a wide range of topics and engage participants in lively and provocative discussion.
For the Spring 2021 semester, WLRC is partnering with the Gender and Women’s Studies department to invite proposals from UIC graduate students that feature current research, creative, or community projects that engage feminist movements and scholarship. Black and Indigenous students and other students of color in Gender and Women’s Studies are especially encouraged to submit proposals.
The virtual sessions will be 60 minutes long. They should include 25-30 minutes of prepared presentation remarks and time for reflective discussion and interaction and, optionally, commentary from an invited respondent. Students are encouraged to propose multimodal presentations that include visual/aural elements. Both individuals and groups may submit proposals.
- Submissions are due by 5pm CST Monday, February 22, 2021.
- Students will be notified by Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Thursday, March 11, 2021, 11:30am – 12:30pm CST
- Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:30am – 12:30pm CST
- Additional dates may be added at the discretion of the organizers
- Sessions will be hosted on Zoom. WLRC will handle registration, hosting, and attending to technical needs during each session.
- CART live captioning will be provided at each session at no cost to presenters or attendees.
- Presenters and participants may request additional accommodations on the proposal submission form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Email Ramona Gupta at the Women’s Leadership and Resource Center at email@example.com.
Proposal Submission Form
Sorry. This form is no longer available.