Tuition Award Info
The UIC Women’s Leadership and Resource Center offers financial awards toward tuition* for undergraduate study at UIC. We want to recognize students who have made significant contributions to the movement against domestic violence and sexual assault throughout the UIC campus and/or Chicago community or who have triumphed over personal experiences within these areas. The goal of this award is to support women in their educational pursuits who have a great deal of financial need that is not being met by financial aid or loans.
We invite you to apply and to be considered for this tuition award. Students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a full time undergraduate degree-seeking student who meets the requirements of UIC’s SAP policy.
- Must not have completed their degree requirements for graduation or already have earned a bachelor’s degree. Applicants must be continuing UIC undergraduate students who have attended UIC for at least one semester.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and must qualify for Illinois resident tuition.
- Must complete the FAFSA and have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- Should have demonstrated both leadership and involvement in the movement against domestic violence and sexual assault throughout the UIC campus and/or Chicago community or have had personal experiences within these areas.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr. Natalie Bennett.
* This award can only be applied toward tuition costs, excluding fees. For out-of-state students, the maximum tuition award will only cover the amount equivalent to in-state tuition. The student will be responsible for the remaining balance.
2019-2020 Tuition Award Recipients
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019-2020 WLRC Tuition Award:
Major: Computer Science
Major: Psychology and Sociology
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Major: Teaching of English
Major: Biological Sciences
Major: Civil Engineering