Call for Presenters: Feminisms Lunch Lectures
Feminisms Lunch Lectures Call for Presenters Heading link
Hosted in collaboration with Gender and Women’s Studies
The Women’s Leadership and Resource Center’s Feminisms Lunch Lecture series offers faculty, graduate students, visiting scholars, and activists an opportunity to present their projects, ideas, and works-in-progress on a wide range of topics and engage participants in lively and provocative discussion.
For Spring and Fall 2021, WLRC is partnering with the Gender and Women’s Studies department to invite proposals from UIC graduate students that feature current research, creative, or community projects that engage feminist movements and scholarship. Black and Indigenous students and other students of color in Gender and Women’s Studies are especially encouraged to submit proposals.
The virtual sessions will be 60 minutes long. They should include 25-30 minutes of prepared presentation remarks and time for reflective discussion and interaction and, optionally, commentary from an invited respondent. Students are encouraged to propose multimodal presentations that include visual/aural elements. Both individuals and groups may submit proposals.
- Submissions are due by 5pm CT Sunday, October 3, 2021.
- Students will be notified by Monday, October 11, 2021.
Presenters may choose from the following dates/times:
- Friday, October 29, 2021, 12-1pm CT
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 12-1pm CT
- Thursday, November 4, 2021, 12-1pm CT
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 12-1pm CT
- Thursday, November 18, 2021, 12-1pm CT
- Sessions will be hosted on Zoom. WLRC will handle registration, hosting, and attending to technical needs during each session.
- CART live captioning will be provided at each session at no cost to presenters or attendees.
- Presenters and participants may request additional accommodations on the proposal submission form or by emailing email@example.com.
- Questions? Email Ramona Gupta at the Women’s Leadership and Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposal submission form is now closed.